Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisI usually make up my mind about a man in ten seconds, and I very rarely change it.-Margaret Thatcher
- Analysis of President Trump's speech patterns suggests a significant cognitive decline over the past 30 years. link, 2017/06/01 at 4:19am
- This "Markets" person is not alone. link link, 2017/05/19 at 1:53am
- And a tsunami of #TrumpRegret washes over the members of electoral college... Woulda been easier to fix this earlier. Alas, no courage., 2017/05/16 at 5:02am
- Can someone please ask the special assistant to the Russian Foreign Minister to kindly leave the Oval Office. #ImpeachTrump, 2017/05/16 at 12:29am
- #ImpeachTrump link Congress, please demonstrate courage and real leadership. Enough nonsense! link, 2017/05/15 at 10:24pm
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Category Archives: Architecture
A provocative essay came up on Hacker News today, entitled RESTful considered harmful. The summary of the essay: JSON is bloated in comparison to protobufs and similar binary protocols There are no interface contracts or data schema HATEOAS doesn’t work No direct support for batching, paging, sorting, etc … Continue reading
I heard someone asking today for support for Revocation of JWT, and I thought about it a little, and decided I don’t see the point. Specifically, I don’t see the point of the process described in this post regarding “Blacklisting JWT in express-jwt“. I believe that it’s possible … Continue reading
“it’s crucial to adopt a four-tier application architecture in which applications are developed and deployed as sets of microservices.” I love this article from the nginx.com website, courtesy of Hacker News. Very good overview of the “microservices” meme that is currently rippling through the industry. This is stuff … Continue reading
Pop.co explains why they went to an API-first development model. This is going to be a continuing trend. More and more places are already doing this, even if they’re not blogging or talking about it. With the continued growth of mobile devices, to become co-equal with a website, … Continue reading
Recently I did a web chat with colleague Greg Brail discussing the use of APIs in the Enterprise. Quick summary: SOA has been used with success within enterprises to interconnect systems. APIs address a different set of problems, and there is real value to be gained by using … Continue reading