Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisTo make a mistake is only human; to persist in a mistake is idiotic.-Cicero
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc - link unsolicited tech tip. Those of you who are API people,..., 2017/03/21 at 9:09pm
- #SeanSpicer is the USA's very own #BaghdadBob. But with less conviction. link link, 2017/03/07 at 12:39am
- I want to exit this fantasy world now, please. Is there a hashtag for "our president is a swindler"? link, 2017/03/06 at 1:53am
- Delirium - link it means you're so crazy, you stopped plowing your field. :) link, 2017/02/02 at 11:00pm
- What can citizens of good will do now? Eliot Cohen writing in @TheAtlantic has some suggestions?… link, 2017/01/29 at 10:55pm
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Category Archives: Quickies
If you use openssl on Mac OSX to maintain certs, etc, you should keep it up-to-date. Worth knowing, courtesy of a comment by Gordon Davisson on THIS Stackoverflow question …the major problem isn’t the openssl command, it’s the openssl libraries (which are used by other programs) — those … Continue reading
Swagger has been renamed! Three weeks ago. I didn’t realize this, and (forgive me) I’ve been continuing to use the term “swagger” when I really should have been using “OpenAPI”, in the time since. Helpfully, Marsh, an esteemed colleague of mine, has produced a slackbot to remind me … Continue reading
From the holy-shit-how-did-they-not-test-this department, Fox News tells us that it is possible for hackers to seize control of a moving Chrysler automobile, fiddle with the radio, turning on the windshield wipers, or more ominously, controlling the transmission and the brakes. Considering the source (Fox Newsertainment), I am unsure … Continue reading
Back when I was a Windows user and a .NET developer, I used a tool called Cropper to grab screen shots. That tool is great alone, and there are plugins for various photo destinations. I wrote and maintained a few plugins. The basic capability to grab a portion … Continue reading
Network-layer security firewalls operating will not be feasible at 100Gbps network speeds, eg in 3-5 years.
Really interesting talk by Alex Stamos, CSO of Yahoo during the AppSec conference. One takeaway: Network-layer security firewalls operating will not be feasible at 100Gbps network speeds, eg in 3-5 years. Lots of other observations and views that make a lot of sense to me. This guy gets … Continue reading
Bright-eyed Toyota product planner: “Hey, wouldn’t it be great if we could have the car open automatically, when the owner of the car walks up to it?” Naive Toyota Engineer: “Yeah! Let’s make a Passive Keyless Entry and Start (PKES) system. The car will call out to the … Continue reading
FiveThirtyEight shows the data that explains why Lionel Messi is worth more than any other player. Love me that breakdown.
I moved to nearlyfreespeech.net this week, from 000webhost.com. It is much faster, and now I won’t get popup ads. While moving the site, I took the opportunity to upgrade to the current WordPress. I think I was on WP3.3 previously; now it’s on the current release. And now … Continue reading
Everybody’s favorite indicator, the Google search trend chart, shows that Nodejs is overtaking Ruby on Rails: From a recent webinar on Apigee.com: