Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisIt always seems impossible until it's done.-Nelson Mandela
- Delirium - link it means you're so crazy, you stopped plowing your field. :) link, 2017/02/02 at 11:00pm
- What can citizens of good will do now? Eliot Cohen writing in @TheAtlantic has some suggestions?… link, 2017/01/29 at 10:55pm
- RT @emmaseppala: Replacing self-esteem with self-compassion may have far superior implications for our mental health and well-being. link, 2017/01/09 at 5:54am
- Count on @reddit news to give you all the news you need to know, right now. If not on Reddit, not important. link, 2017/01/04 at 5:07pm
- For my next president, can I have one that is not completely computer illiterate? link (Oh, yeah… link, 2016/12/30 at 2:35am
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Recently I did a web chat with colleague Greg Brail discussing the use of APIs in the Enterprise. Quick summary: SOA has been used with success within enterprises to interconnect systems. APIs address a different set of problems, and there is real value to be gained by using … Continue reading
I was reading up on CORS today; apparently my previous understanding of it was flawed. Found a worthwhile article by Remy. Also found a problem in the article in the same PHP code he offered. This was server-side code that was shown to illustrate how to handle a … Continue reading
MongoDB booster would prefer Cassandra, if only he could store JSON in it. Have I got a data store for you!
Interesting article at GigaOM interviewing MongoLab Founder and CEO Will Shulman. GigaOM reports: MongoLab operates under a thesis that MongoDB is pulling away as the world’s most-popular NoSQL database not because it scales the best — it does scale, Shulman said, but he’d actually choose Cassandra if he … Continue reading
Yes, it’s the question on everybody’s mind: Why does Gimp suck so bad? In the old days I used Windows almost exclusively. I had a nice Windows machine set up; it worked for me. I used cmd.exe and Powershell and WSH for scripting. I used Outlook and Word … Continue reading
Mark O’Neill, CTO at Vordel, published a post on programmableweb regarding DDoS attacks and the implications for APIs. For those who learned programming before Friends became a hot TV show, the term of art “application programming interface” referred to the function names and signatures that you’d link your … Continue reading