Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisSurviving a failure gives you more self-confidence. Failures are great learning tools.. but they must be kept to a minimum.-Jeffrey Immelt
- nodejs on Google App Engine – forcing HTTPS inbound, via HSTS
- Jackson and XmlMapper – reading arbitrary data into a java.util.Map
- medialize/URI.js – why’d you go and get all fancy?
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc
- It’s that time of year… when people think about exchanging JWT for opaque tokens
- RT @Waymo: Our cars have been on the move! Waymo has now self-driven over 8 million miles on public roads across 25 U.S. citie… link, 17 hours ago
- RT @Noahpinion: American auto companies are fighting Trump's auto tariffs. Trump's trade war is that stupid - he's going to war wi… link, 2018/07/20 at 4:03pm
- Delightful. Michael Cohen has recordings of President* Trump discussing payoffs to a woman who was not his wife.… link, 2018/07/20 at 4:03pm
- ICYMI. Many equate Trump with populism. Eg, Two recent books that present populism as new, and a threat to liberal… link, 2018/07/19 at 3:36am
- June 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt (ReloadIE) - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Word Form adjective Definition Occurring or operating at the same time. Synonyms co-occurrent, concurrent, simultaneous Usage 'You will observe,' said Holmes, laying down the volume, 'that the sudden breaking up of the society was coincident with the disappearance of Openshaw from America with their papers.'
Monthly Archives: November 2012
Recently I did a web chat with colleague Greg Brail discussing the use of APIs in the Enterprise. Quick summary: SOA has been used with success within enterprises to interconnect systems. APIs address a different set of problems, and there is real value to be gained by using … Continue reading
I was reading up on CORS today; apparently my previous understanding of it was flawed. Found a worthwhile article by Remy. Also found a problem in the article in the same PHP code he offered. This was server-side code that was shown to illustrate how to handle a … Continue reading
MongoDB booster would prefer Cassandra, if only he could store JSON in it. Have I got a data store for you!
Interesting article at GigaOM interviewing MongoLab Founder and CEO Will Shulman. GigaOM reports: MongoLab operates under a thesis that MongoDB is pulling away as the world’s most-popular NoSQL database not because it scales the best — it does scale, Shulman said, but he’d actually choose Cassandra if he … Continue reading
Yes, it’s the question on everybody’s mind: Why does Gimp suck so bad? In the old days I used Windows almost exclusively. I had a nice Windows machine set up; it worked for me. I used cmd.exe and Powershell and WSH for scripting. I used Outlook and Word … Continue reading
Mark O’Neill, CTO at Vordel, published a post on programmableweb regarding DDoS attacks and the implications for APIs. For those who learned programming before Friends became a hot TV show, the term of art “application programming interface” referred to the function names and signatures that you’d link your … Continue reading