Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisIn preparing for battle, I have always found that plans are useless, but planning is indispensable.-Gen. Dwight Eisenhower
- #ByeByeBill It's been ... uh.... weird., 2017/04/20 at 1:29am
- Despite the current US president, I still recognize my good fortune to have been born in the USA link #Venezuela, 2017/04/03 at 8:33pm
- The top 100 households in the USA own about as much wealth as the entire African American population. Bad! Sick! link, 2017/03/28 at 2:30am
- Just remember: 400 people in the USA own more wealth than the bottom 61% combined, a staggering 194Mm people. link, 2017/03/28 at 2:28am
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc - link unsolicited tech tip. Those of you who are API people,..., 2017/03/21 at 9:09pm
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: NoSQL
MongoDB booster would prefer Cassandra, if only he could store JSON in it. Have I got a data store for you!
Interesting article at GigaOM interviewing MongoLab Founder and CEO Will Shulman. GigaOM reports: MongoLab operates under a thesis that MongoDB is pulling away as the world’s most-popular NoSQL database not because it scales the best — it does scale, Shulman said, but he’d actually choose Cassandra if he … Continue reading
Peter Wayner at InfoWorld has articulated “Seven Hard Truths” about NoSQL technologies. Among them: It’s nice to have JOINs; NoSQL has none. It’s nice to have transactions After 30 years of development, it seems that SQL Databases have some solid features, like the query analyzer. NoSQL is like … Continue reading
Sauce Labs has rendered a valuable service to the community by documenting the factors that went into a decision to change infrastructure – to replace CouchDB with MySQL. Originally the company had committed to CouchDB, which is a novel NoSQL store originating from a team out of MIT. … Continue reading
I am bullish on Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies. Long-term I believe they will be instrumental in providing quantum leaps in efficiency for existing businesses. But even more, I believe that mainstream BigData will open up brand new opportunities that were simply unavailable before. Right now we focus … Continue reading
Amazon is now offering a key/value data store that relies on Solid state disc for storage. DynamoDB is the name, and it is intended to complement S3 as a lower-latency store. It’s higher cost, but offers better performance for those customers that need it. Two things on this. … Continue reading