Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisNo such thing as spare time. No such thing as free time. No such thing as down time. All you got is life time. Go.-Henry Rollins
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc - link unsolicited tech tip. Those of you who are API people,..., 2017/03/21 at 9:09pm
- #SeanSpicer is the USA's very own #BaghdadBob. But with less conviction. link link, 2017/03/07 at 12:39am
- I want to exit this fantasy world now, please. Is there a hashtag for "our president is a swindler"? link, 2017/03/06 at 1:53am
- Delirium - link it means you're so crazy, you stopped plowing your field. :) link, 2017/02/02 at 11:00pm
- What can citizens of good will do now? Eliot Cohen writing in @TheAtlantic has some suggestions?… link, 2017/01/29 at 10:55pm
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: NoSQL
MongoDB booster would prefer Cassandra, if only he could store JSON in it. Have I got a data store for you!
Interesting article at GigaOM interviewing MongoLab Founder and CEO Will Shulman. GigaOM reports: MongoLab operates under a thesis that MongoDB is pulling away as the world’s most-popular NoSQL database not because it scales the best — it does scale, Shulman said, but he’d actually choose Cassandra if he … Continue reading
Peter Wayner at InfoWorld has articulated “Seven Hard Truths” about NoSQL technologies. Among them: It’s nice to have JOINs; NoSQL has none. It’s nice to have transactions After 30 years of development, it seems that SQL Databases have some solid features, like the query analyzer. NoSQL is like … Continue reading
Sauce Labs has rendered a valuable service to the community by documenting the factors that went into a decision to change infrastructure – to replace CouchDB with MySQL. Originally the company had committed to CouchDB, which is a novel NoSQL store originating from a team out of MIT. … Continue reading
I am bullish on Hadoop and other NoSQL technologies. Long-term I believe they will be instrumental in providing quantum leaps in efficiency for existing businesses. But even more, I believe that mainstream BigData will open up brand new opportunities that were simply unavailable before. Right now we focus … Continue reading
Amazon is now offering a key/value data store that relies on Solid state disc for storage. DynamoDB is the name, and it is intended to complement S3 as a lower-latency store. It’s higher cost, but offers better performance for those customers that need it. Two things on this. … Continue reading