Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisIt is better to travel well than to arrive.-Buddha
- #ByeByeBill It's been ... uh.... weird., 2017/04/20 at 1:29am
- Despite the current US president, I still recognize my good fortune to have been born in the USA link #Venezuela, 2017/04/03 at 8:33pm
- The top 100 households in the USA own about as much wealth as the entire African American population. Bad! Sick! link, 2017/03/28 at 2:30am
- Just remember: 400 people in the USA own more wealth than the bottom 61% combined, a staggering 194Mm people. link, 2017/03/28 at 2:28am
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc - link unsolicited tech tip. Those of you who are API people,..., 2017/03/21 at 9:09pm
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Category Archives: Developer
Yes, it’s that time of year when people think about RFC7523, which describes how to exchange JWT for opaque OAuth tokens. Right? If you’re like me, the waves of acronyms, jargon, and IETF RFCs (see what I did there?) seem to never end. OAuth, JWT, RFC 7523, JTI, … Continue reading
This post will be a bit techy. I confronted and solved a minor problem yesterday, and in the spirit of the internet, thought I’d share the solution, in case anyone else tries something similar. This is about Drupal forms, and specifically within forms, the #states capability, which is … Continue reading
I have a bit of java code that handles JWT. It generates a MACVerifier and then uses that to verify a signature. Someone commented that it was taking more time than they expected. I didn’t see a ton of opportunity for optimization, but I thought I might wrap … Continue reading
Hey, something new! (to me!) the restclient.el library, for emacs. I tried it. I like it. I recommend it. What does it do? Allows you to send REST requests (really just http requests) right from emacs, interactively. And then pretty-prints the results if possible (if XML or JSON … Continue reading
Here’s the replay of the Webinar, on OpenID Connect and JWT that I did with Vinit Mehta a week ago or so. It’s about 45 minutes long. If you have questions, you can post them to The Apigee Community
I’ve been running this site on nearlyfreespeech for some time now. Last week I created a cert using the tools and service made available by letsencrypt.org, and then configured my NFS server to use it. It was pretty easy, but not documented. I’ll share here what I did … Continue reading
Lots of people use the .htaccess redirect rules to force their wordpress sites to load with the secure option. It looks like this: But if you have a hoster that does not provide you the ability to modify the .htaccess file, that won’t work. These hosters typically set … Continue reading
Here’s a thing I built. It’s just a webpage that calculates SHA-(1,224,256,384,512) and HMAC with the same algorithms. I was using this to help with building a system that relies on HttpSignature. Developers need some help in constructing and validating their HMACs and SHAs.
Here’s a good story showing us how focusing on the data we have in front of us may lead us to incorrect conclusions. The summary is this: In World War II, Allied bomber command undertook an analysis effort to determine how to optimally reinforce bomber planes to protect … Continue reading