Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisIt is better to travel well than to arrive.-Buddha
- nodejs on Google App Engine – forcing HTTPS inbound, via HSTS
- Jackson and XmlMapper – reading arbitrary data into a java.util.Map
- medialize/URI.js – why’d you go and get all fancy?
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc
- It’s that time of year… when people think about exchanging JWT for opaque tokens
- I am going to start referring to the Trump cronies as “the Incredibles” because they are all unbelievably corrupt a… link, 2018/07/14 at 11:47pm
- Picked and enjoyed the first blackberries of the season this morning on a walk! Mmmmmm. It’s good to be here., 2018/07/14 at 6:55pm
- How did I not know about link ? What a lovely little tool. what else am I missing?, 2018/07/13 at 1:00am
- Peter Strzok! Thanks for your service. This is what a person of integrity sounds like. Contrast to most of the… link, 2018/07/12 at 11:28pm
- RT @carloseberhardt: Introducing new Apigee capabilities to deliver business impact with APIs link, 2018/07/12 at 11:14pm
- June 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt (ReloadIE) - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: AWS
A while back I commented on Amazon’s DynamoDB and disagreed with the viewpoint from HighScalability.com that using SSD for storage was a “radical step.” In my comments, I predicted that We will see SSD replace mag disk as a mainstream storage technology, sooner than most of us think. … Continue reading
Google has become the latest company to offer VM hosting, joining Microsoft (Azure) and Amazon (AWS), along with all the other “traditional” hosters. Bloomberg is expressing skepticism that Google will stick with this plan. Who can blame them? If I were a startup, or another company considering a … Continue reading
When the Washington Post publishes an article on the failure of cloud computing infrastructure, it’s not going to be good. Enterprise CIOs all over the world are re-thinking their plans to commit to hosted services. See also, How to Discourage Adoption of Public Cloud by Enterprises
Rob Enderle demonstrates his fondness for dramatic headlines with his piece, The Death and Rebirth of Microsoft. A more conservative editor might headline the same piece, “Microsoft Steadily Shifts its Strategy.” Last week, Microsoft (Nasdaq: MSFT) effectively ended the model that created it. This shouldn’t have been a surprise, … Continue reading