Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisThe world is not to be put in order, the world is order incarnate. It is up to us to put ourselves in unison with this order.-Henry Miller
- RT @gin_and_tacos: Today in 1990 a man killed 13 people with an AK-47 knockoff in Aramoana, NZ. Then NZ banned most semiautomatic rif… link, 2017/11/15 at 4:53am
- medialize/URI.js - why'd you go and get all fancy? - link have relied on URI.js from medialize for years. I downlo..., 2017/11/09 at 1:07am
- RT @BryanDawsonUSA: .@RealDonaldTrump at nine months. Lowest approval rating in 70 years. He would hate it if you retweet this. @POTUS link, 2017/11/07 at 9:46pm
- The Fragmentation of Society link, 2017/11/01 at 8:16pm
- Read how @MonsantoCo sacrificed public health for $$: link Still think we need less regulation of corporations? (2/2), 2017/10/25 at 10:22pm
- November 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: JSON
A provocative essay came up on Hacker News today, entitled RESTful considered harmful. The summary of the essay: JSON is bloated in comparison to protobufs and similar binary protocols There are no interface contracts or data schema HATEOAS doesn’t work No direct support for batching, paging, sorting, etc … Continue reading
MongoDB booster would prefer Cassandra, if only he could store JSON in it. Have I got a data store for you!
Interesting article at GigaOM interviewing MongoLab Founder and CEO Will Shulman. GigaOM reports: MongoLab operates under a thesis that MongoDB is pulling away as the world’s most-popular NoSQL database not because it scales the best — it does scale, Shulman said, but he’d actually choose Cassandra if he … Continue reading
Having access to a quick way to get dictionary lookups of English words while using the computer has always been useful to me. I don’t like to pay the “garish dancing images” ad tax that comes with using commercial dictionary sites like merriam-webster.com; or worse, the page-load-takes-10-seconds tax. I … Continue reading
Today I had a bit of a puzzle. The gplus widget that I wrote for WordPress was rendering Google+ activity with a ragged left edge. As geeks know, html by default collapses whitespace, so in order for the ragged edge to appear there, a “hard whitespace” must have … Continue reading