Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisGo to where puck is going to be, not to where it is.-Wayne Gretzky
- The top 100 households in the USA own about as much wealth as the entire African American population. Bad! Sick! link, 2017/03/28 at 2:30am
- Just remember: 400 people in the USA own more wealth than the bottom 61% combined, a staggering 194Mm people. link, 2017/03/28 at 2:28am
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc - link unsolicited tech tip. Those of you who are API people,..., 2017/03/21 at 9:09pm
- #SeanSpicer is the USA's very own #BaghdadBob. But with less conviction. link link, 2017/03/07 at 12:39am
- I want to exit this fantasy world now, please. Is there a hashtag for "our president is a swindler"? link, 2017/03/06 at 1:53am
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Monthly Archives: July 2015
A provocative essay came up on Hacker News today, entitled RESTful considered harmful. The summary of the essay: JSON is bloated in comparison to protobufs and similar binary protocols There are no interface contracts or data schema HATEOAS doesn’t work No direct support for batching, paging, sorting, etc … Continue reading
From the holy-shit-how-did-they-not-test-this department, Fox News tells us that it is possible for hackers to seize control of a moving Chrysler automobile, fiddle with the radio, turning on the windshield wipers, or more ominously, controlling the transmission and the brakes. Considering the source (Fox Newsertainment), I am unsure … Continue reading
Back when I was a Windows user and a .NET developer, I used a tool called Cropper to grab screen shots. That tool is great alone, and there are plugins for various photo destinations. I wrote and maintained a few plugins. The basic capability to grab a portion … Continue reading
Here’s a good story showing us how focusing on the data we have in front of us may lead us to incorrect conclusions. The summary is this: In World War II, Allied bomber command undertook an analysis effort to determine how to optimally reinforce bomber planes to protect … Continue reading
Per medium.com, there are critical vulnerabilities in nodejs and iojs. People running nodejs should upgrade to v0.12.6. On Mac OSX, this takes just a few moments. Thanks to Stackoverflow for the tip. ~/ $ node -v v0.10.22 ~/ $ sudo npm cache clean -f Password: npm WARN using … Continue reading