Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisAs a rule, he or she who has the most information will have the greatest success in life.-Benjamin Disraeli
- This "Markets" person is not alone. link link, 2017/05/19 at 1:53am
- And a tsunami of #TrumpRegret washes over the members of electoral college... Woulda been easier to fix this earlier. Alas, no courage., 2017/05/16 at 5:02am
- Can someone please ask the special assistant to the Russian Foreign Minister to kindly leave the Oval Office. #ImpeachTrump, 2017/05/16 at 12:29am
- #ImpeachTrump link Congress, please demonstrate courage and real leadership. Enough nonsense! link, 2017/05/15 at 10:24pm
- #WeekendRead "The Rigged Labor Market" link Collusion among employers of nurses, SW pros, professors, animators., 2017/05/07 at 11:20pm
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: Wordpress
I’ve been running this site on nearlyfreespeech for some time now. Last week I created a cert using the tools and service made available by letsencrypt.org, and then configured my NFS server to use it. It was pretty easy, but not documented. I’ll share here what I did … Continue reading
Lots of people use the .htaccess redirect rules to force their wordpress sites to load with the secure option. It looks like this: But if you have a hoster that does not provide you the ability to modify the .htaccess file, that won’t work. These hosters typically set … Continue reading
I moved to nearlyfreespeech.net this week, from 000webhost.com. It is much faster, and now I won’t get popup ads. While moving the site, I took the opportunity to upgrade to the current WordPress. I think I was on WP3.3 previously; now it’s on the current release. And now … Continue reading
I use github gists, and sometimes I want to embed a gist into a blog post. Using the script block github provides gives me poor results. There are several problems: The main problem is the line numbers on the left-hand side don’t line up with the lines of … Continue reading
Today I had a bit of a puzzle. The gplus widget that I wrote for WordPress was rendering Google+ activity with a ragged left edge. As geeks know, html by default collapses whitespace, so in order for the ragged edge to appear there, a “hard whitespace” must have … Continue reading