Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisWhen one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.-Alexander Graham Bell
- Delirium - link it means you're so crazy, you stopped plowing your field. :) link, 2017/02/02 at 11:00pm
- What can citizens of good will do now? Eliot Cohen writing in @TheAtlantic has some suggestions?… link, 2017/01/29 at 10:55pm
- RT @emmaseppala: Replacing self-esteem with self-compassion may have far superior implications for our mental health and well-being. link, 2017/01/09 at 5:54am
- Count on @reddit news to give you all the news you need to know, right now. If not on Reddit, not important. link, 2017/01/04 at 5:07pm
- For my next president, can I have one that is not completely computer illiterate? link (Oh, yeah… link, 2016/12/30 at 2:35am
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: Wordpress
I’ve been running this site on nearlyfreespeech for some time now. Last week I created a cert using the tools and service made available by letsencrypt.org, and then configured my NFS server to use it. It was pretty easy, but not documented. I’ll share here what I did … Continue reading
Lots of people use the .htaccess redirect rules to force their wordpress sites to load with the secure option. It looks like this: But if you have a hoster that does not provide you the ability to modify the .htaccess file, that won’t work. These hosters typically set … Continue reading
I moved to nearlyfreespeech.net this week, from 000webhost.com. It is much faster, and now I won’t get popup ads. While moving the site, I took the opportunity to upgrade to the current WordPress. I think I was on WP3.3 previously; now it’s on the current release. And now … Continue reading
I use github gists, and sometimes I want to embed a gist into a blog post. Using the script block github provides gives me poor results. There are several problems: The main problem is the line numbers on the left-hand side don’t line up with the lines of … Continue reading
Today I had a bit of a puzzle. The gplus widget that I wrote for WordPress was rendering Google+ activity with a ragged left edge. As geeks know, html by default collapses whitespace, so in order for the ragged edge to appear there, a “hard whitespace” must have … Continue reading