Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisThe differences between expert performers and normal adults reflect a life-long period of deliberate effort to improve performance in a specific domain.-Anders Ericsson
- nodejs on Google App Engine – forcing HTTPS inbound, via HSTS
- Jackson and XmlMapper – reading arbitrary data into a java.util.Map
- medialize/URI.js – why’d you go and get all fancy?
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc
- It’s that time of year… when people think about exchanging JWT for opaque tokens
- I am going to start referring to the Trump cronies as “the Incredibles” because they are all unbelievably corrupt a… link, 2018/07/14 at 11:47pm
- Picked and enjoyed the first blackberries of the season this morning on a walk! Mmmmmm. It’s good to be here., 2018/07/14 at 6:55pm
- How did I not know about link ? What a lovely little tool. what else am I missing?, 2018/07/13 at 1:00am
- Peter Strzok! Thanks for your service. This is what a person of integrity sounds like. Contrast to most of the… link, 2018/07/12 at 11:28pm
- RT @carloseberhardt: Introducing new Apigee capabilities to deliver business impact with APIs link, 2018/07/12 at 11:14pm
- June 2018 (1)
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt (ReloadIE) - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: Security
An unsolicited tech tip. Those of you who are API people, should exhibit good API hygiene. One aspect of that is: “stop using curl -u” !! Sometimes you have the urge to run a command like this: curl -X POST -v -u 'yourusername:password' . https://foobar/slksls Avoid this. OK, … Continue reading
From the holy-shit-how-did-they-not-test-this department, Fox News tells us that it is possible for hackers to seize control of a moving Chrysler automobile, fiddle with the radio, turning on the windshield wipers, or more ominously, controlling the transmission and the brakes. Considering the source (Fox Newsertainment), I am unsure … Continue reading
Network-layer security firewalls operating will not be feasible at 100Gbps network speeds, eg in 3-5 years.
Really interesting talk by Alex Stamos, CSO of Yahoo during the AppSec conference. One takeaway: Network-layer security firewalls operating will not be feasible at 100Gbps network speeds, eg in 3-5 years. Lots of other observations and views that make a lot of sense to me. This guy gets … Continue reading
Bright-eyed Toyota product planner: “Hey, wouldn’t it be great if we could have the car open automatically, when the owner of the car walks up to it?” Naive Toyota Engineer: “Yeah! Let’s make a Passive Keyless Entry and Start (PKES) system. The car will call out to the … Continue reading