Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisThere are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.-Albert Einstein
- RT @cmcluck: Open source works best when it is built in the open. That was key to Kubernetes success: first release was modest a… link, 2018/04/18 at 10:19pm
- Today I am thankful for: - Competent, responsible commercial jet pilots who keep us safe while miraculously transp… link, 2018/04/18 at 10:15pm
- Deleted Facebook. Immediately went to Twitter to tweet it. #Winning?, 2018/04/08 at 6:31pm
- TIL: There are wasps that - take cockroaches for walks after turning them into docile zombies -force spiders to spi… link, 2018/04/06 at 9:07pm
- December 2017 (1)
- November 2017 (1)
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt (ReloadIE) - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: NodeJS
Per medium.com, there are critical vulnerabilities in nodejs and iojs. People running nodejs should upgrade to v0.12.6. On Mac OSX, this takes just a few moments. Thanks to Stackoverflow for the tip. ~/ $ node -v v0.10.22 ~/ $ sudo npm cache clean -f Password: npm WARN using … Continue reading
Everybody’s favorite indicator, the Google search trend chart, shows that Nodejs is overtaking Ruby on Rails: From a recent webinar on Apigee.com:
A provocative post by Eric Jiang, entitles “The emperor’s new clothes were built with Node.js”, regarding the undeserved praise being heaped upon NodeJS. While I think he gets his analysis all right, he is still missing the forest for the trees. Nodejs has grown the way it has … Continue reading
A while back I commented on a rant by someone who said that NodeJS is stupid and if you use it, so are you. I didn’t agree. But, NodeJS documentation is stupid. Look, for example, at the doc for the http.request() object and it’s syntactic sugar cousin, http.get(). … Continue reading
Nice Infographic from StrongLoop.
Just saw this. A Youtube rant by Brandon Wirtz clarifying for us all how stupid NodeJS is. From January 2012. Most excellent. Well played. Even the title is deliciously Colbert-esque: “Node.JS Is Stupid And If You Use It So Are You”. Highly Recommended if you like nerd rants, … Continue reading