Enjoy this Random Photo
Think about thisGet a bicycle. You will not regret it if you live.-Mark Twain
- #ByeByeBill It's been ... uh.... weird., 2017/04/20 at 1:29am
- Despite the current US president, I still recognize my good fortune to have been born in the USA link #Venezuela, 2017/04/03 at 8:33pm
- The top 100 households in the USA own about as much wealth as the entire African American population. Bad! Sick! link, 2017/03/28 at 2:30am
- Just remember: 400 people in the USA own more wealth than the bottom 61% combined, a staggering 194Mm people. link, 2017/03/28 at 2:28am
- Do you use curl? Stop using -u. Please use .netrc - link unsolicited tech tip. Those of you who are API people,..., 2017/03/21 at 9:09pm
- March 2017 (1)
- December 2016 (1)
- September 2016 (1)
- August 2016 (1)
- April 2016 (1)
- March 2016 (2)
- February 2016 (3)
- January 2016 (4)
- July 2015 (5)
- June 2015 (2)
- May 2015 (2)
- April 2015 (2)
- March 2015 (1)
- February 2015 (2)
- October 2014 (1)
- August 2014 (3)
- July 2014 (3)
- June 2014 (6)
- April 2014 (2)
- December 2013 (3)
- August 2013 (1)
- June 2013 (3)
- May 2013 (5)
- April 2013 (1)
- March 2013 (1)
- January 2013 (3)
- December 2012 (2)
- November 2012 (6)
- October 2012 (3)
- September 2012 (1)
- July 2012 (10)
- June 2012 (16)
- May 2012 (14)
My Open source projects
These are all projects I have initiated.
- IIRF - an ISAPI Filter that does rewriting and proxying, like mod_rewrite and mod_proxy for Apache. C/C++.
- CleanModQueue - a tool to automatically clean your reddit moderator queue. .NET, C#, WinForms, REST, JSON, System.Net.Http.
- gplus - a wordpress plugin that displays your most recent Google+ activity. PHP, REST, JSON. You can see this running in the sidebar on this page, above.
- flickr_eyecandy - a wordpress plugin that displays a random flickr "Eye Candy" image, selecting one photo from Flickr with the tag or tags you provide. PHP, REST, XML. You can see this running just above, on this page.
- XPath Visualizer - a Windows tool that helps you visualize XPath query results. .NET, C#, WinForms, XML
- ReloadIt - a Windows tool that reloads an IE tab, based on a change in a filesystem file. Works like Mac's Live Reload, but for IE. .NET, C#, WPF.
- csharp-mode - an emacs major-mode for editing C# code.
Tag Archives: SOAP
You may think of Uber as a disruptive player in the hire-car business. They offer a service similar to taxis, but enabled with an app experience that riders really appreciate. The hailing and pay-by-phone experience is something that I personally love. I love knowing where the driver is, … Continue reading
Apigee is looking for a few good SEs. An SE is a Sales Engineer. At Apigee, this is a member of the sales team who’s very technically adept, loves technology, and loves talking to other technologists about how to apply cool technology to solve hard problems. This person … Continue reading
Recently I did a web chat with colleague Greg Brail discussing the use of APIs in the Enterprise. Quick summary: SOA has been used with success within enterprises to interconnect systems. APIs address a different set of problems, and there is real value to be gained by using … Continue reading
I went out to Jimmy John’s the other night, to get a sandwich with a good buddy of mine. It was pretty fast. I ordered a standard ham-and-cheese sandwich, and my buddy got an Italian hoagie with banana peppers. They were quite tasty! I guess we were in … Continue reading
Having access to a quick way to get dictionary lookups of English words while using the computer has always been useful to me. I don’t like to pay the “garish dancing images” ad tax that comes with using commercial dictionary sites like merriam-webster.com; or worse, the page-load-takes-10-seconds tax. I … Continue reading
In case you had any doubts of Programmable web’s data showing REST dominating other web API protocols, Microsoft, one of the original authors of SOAP, is fully embracing REST as the strategic web protocol for administering and managing Windows Azure services. From Gigaom: The new REST API that controls the … Continue reading